Romeer believes in the saying that there are three kinds of people in the world:
- The one who Discuss: – These are those kinds of people who will have time to discuss about the Rich and the Hardworking People in the world.
- The one who Dreams: – These are those kinds of people who will throughout their life dream about making to the top league of the world.
- The one who does: – These are those kinds of people who work hard for their success to be in the top. And they are the ones who are being discussed and dreamt of.
Romeer was born and bought up in Mumbai. He is born to a Bengali Father and to a Gujarati Mother. Being a Bengali he was inclined towards Education, Arts, Music, Creativity and Sports and being a Gujarati he learnt the power of Business, Relationship, and Logical thinking. Through his genes has been transformed for the power of Rule, Success Determination, Analyzing the situation and Thinking rationally.
He did his schooling from one of the best school in the city Bombay Cambridge School; thereafter he took admissions in Mumbai’s finest institutions, Mithibai College of Commerce. He then decided to take up commerce as it would be the support base for his Business ventures and continued to become a graduate in Bachelor in Mass Media specializing in Advertising from Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management (a division of NM College) securing First Class with Distinction from Mumbai University. He continued his education and moved to London to complete his Post Graduation – He completed Masters in International Business Management (IBM) from Middlesex University, London.
His hobbies include Traveling – has traveled to 33 countries and over 60 cities in India, Music; He is a trained Tabla (Indian Musical Instrument) Player. He Loves to Play Football, Tennis, Golf and enjoy adventure sports. He has a passion of driving cars and has participated in many Road shows and Rallies in the country. He even enjoys writing and this was the first step to being an Influencer and Blogger.
He had joined Instagram way back in the year 2013 and today he has 9880 posts with more than 80,000 followers. The idea of being an Influencer is something not new. He belonged to the field of advertising. He says there was a time that the Influencers would be Actors, or Sportspersons, with the new digital era the new influencers are the People themselves. Earlier he used to market the products, brands, hotels or countries with the data provided by the brands, now its other way round. Now he uses the products or experiences the countries and hotels and then gives out the honest review.
He states – “I feel better from inside when I know I am promoting something I myself believe in. I try to provide videos or pictures which are real not edited, as that shows the reality. Being real and showcasing that is the most important role of an Influencer. For food reviews, I record my first hand emotion while tasting and that cannot be changed or edited.
I write Hotel review blogs which gives the insights of the minutest details of the property; my blogs must be long but very informative.
So today Romeer has his Instagram account with id @romeersen and his blog www.travelpostcards.in where you can read his blogs.
When asked how he started this Influencer journey?
He states – I wouldn’t say I started it following the crowd. I was somehow always in it. I come from the field of advertising, so since the beginning I knew that every brand needs to reach its target audience. And with the digital era it is much easy to reach a wide audience, and the thing which interests the new generation is Travel, Cars, Hotels & Food, and I have the mix of all.
When I started my Influencer journey I was seeing that mostly all the Travel Profile talk about Hotels and just one or two prominent Tourist Spots of the place, that’s when I knew there, has to be a different side of this. He gave an example for that too – Imagine Maldives, so today every celebrity, influencer when share their story about Maldives – it’s about they being in their swimsuits, within the expensive Hotel properties, having breakfast in the pool or bed, and showing the sea and at last a cozy dinner table. My Maldives pictures have my shoot taken early morning at 4 am with the stars and the shooting star photobombing my image. So I am showing the other side of Maldives. I believe in showing different sides of the city or country.
This makes me believe that there is more to any country.
What I want to speak to my audience about travel is that travel does not mean that one has to spend a lot to visit a place. If one plans properly then they can enjoy the country. Every city has a place as per your budget. So don’t just think about spending money on expensive hotels, do that on visiting the country and all the tourist spots, plus all the unexplored locations.
Influencing for me is to always have the trust of my followers that what I am showcasing is true and they can follow that.
Share few Memorable Travel Stories?
- Paris – This was my first trip to Paris, and visiting the Eiffel Tower and being at the top and seeing the beautiful city of Paris was incredible.
- Plitvice Lakes, Croatia – We were supposed to spend just 4 hours at this national park, but instead spent 2 days out here because I forgot my luggage in the bus and had to wait to recover that, but in that moment I found the most beautiful nature in the world. I saw both words Greenery cladded National Park, and the next day Snow Cladded white National Park. Had memorable travelpostcards from there.
- Maldives – My first picture travelpostcards having a shooting star in my picture was like a blessing to me. We shot at 4am in the morning below the beautiful star and it was a Wow moment for me. Along with that my first scuba diving experience was here. It’s a different world underwater swimming with the fishes and enjoying the beautiful Corals.
- Switzerland – The home for Bollywood, this place is really beautiful and truly Heaven on Earth.
- Spain – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara inspired trip, wherein I drove cities and Jumped off the Plane. My first ever skydiving experience. You know if you want to live fully, trust me Jump from the plane and experience living life fully.
- Dubai – When it comes to Dubai it’s all about Desert Safari.
- Thailand – The beautiful beaches of Thailand are something I always get attracted to, along with that street shopping in Bangkok always makes me happy.
I would say every place I have been to I have come back with some memories and left a bit of my heart out with the hope to travel again there and see more.
When do you see yourself traveling again?
I have started traveling within India, steady and slowly, but looking to travel International as soon as the Covid calms down and travel is easy, as I got married during Lockdown and my trip with my wife is due. Traveling is creating, living life.
Do you think Influencing is a good medium?
Today brands want to reach to as many as possible so this is the best medium and platform to reach out.
He signs out by saying that keep following my page as the travel is opening again, and for the year 2021 I am going to explore beautiful cities of India, so keep checking me out. You are going to have a virtual tour of our beautiful country.