1) Share about your academic journey and story behind first painting from you
I did my schooling from Ashok Hall girl’s residential school in Majkhali Ranikhet and completed my graduation from Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam College, Delhi University (Ba Pol Sc).
I was always inclined towards art, used to get fascinated by the art around me in school, so I thought of doing something that would relieve stress, I’ve been creating ever since.
2) What process, materials, techniques, etc., do you use to create your artwork? Is there a connection between your message and the way you make your art?
I majorly use oil paints on canvas because they don’t dry easily which allows me to correct any mistake made, canvas is a more feasible base for me as it doesn’t tear as easily as paper is while correcting mistakes, it hence motivates me to correct and move on. Yes, there is a connection between my artwork and its message. I try to express myself through my artwork so that it reaches out to people and they take out some time from their life to think about my art. *
3) What is the ultimate goal for your dream job ?
I want to reach as many people as i can through my art and i want them to see my personality through my art.
4) Is there any element of art you enjoy working with most? Why?
My favorite element would be textures because I feel like they bring life-like effects to the creation.
5) Share about your support system and mentors
My family has been my biggest supporter since day one, they have always encouraged me to go on and keep trying. My sister has supported me to create the platform that we have today and manages the business end of FLAIRBASH, my friends too have been a constant support in the growth of my career.
6) What was the most memorable feedback of your life?
A professor once said, ” The best part about this venture has been your self-taught skill which has allowed you to explore multiple forms and mediums”, this, for me has been the most memorable feedback and I had never felt more proud before.
7) Is there an artwork here you are most proud of? Why?
The artwork which I cherish the most is “Wandering In The Woods”, I feel like it potrays me in another world without actually having to go anywhere.
8) Share about your collaboration with NGOs
The primary reason for wanting to work with an NGO is to support a worthy cause in any way that we can, in our recent alliance with Friendicoes (SECA) we tried to provide our support and care to stray dogs by donating a part of our proceeds.
9) What next? Any success mantra? Share your social media links . Our readers are excited to follow your art
I really like putting up my own art exhibitions, I would love to continue doing this along with something more stable side by side. My success mantra is that one should follow what truly makes one happy to fuel the motivation to work hard. One should not forget that god is watching, and that they do not need anyone’s approval over god.