1) Share about your life before getting into writing.
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first poem when I was four. I was a full-time volunteer for more than twenty years as the founder and executive director of a not-for-profit for an unknown disease that excitedly now has several drug options.
2) What was your first write up selected for magazines?
I wrote a piece for Woman’s World introducing my family and how we managed. What the not-for-profit was doing and how much it was helping the population with the disease. I wrote about how inspiring my son was (still is) and my daughter. Later I had a piece published in a holistic magazine about observing a day in my life. I am most excited about my story “Resurrection Truth or Legend,” which will appear in Short Story Town on April 17, 2021.
3) Do you think online content or quotes receive more attention as compared to traditional writers? share your thoughts.
I think that this is a complicated question to answer. Online content or quotes, as well as traditional writers or indie authors, should not be compared. It depends on the content or quote and shouldn’t matter if it was from a traditional or indie author.
4) What’s your favorite form of writing? Share about your favorite work till now?
I am a writer who does not follow the rules and therefore don’t have a favorite form. I write whatever comes to mind. I write short stories (a bit dark and thought-provoking), poetry and just finished my first novel, a magical realism “The Tapestry,” launching soon. Hard to pick a favorite as they are all so different. I think that “The Tapestry” is my most important work.
5) What does your achievements mean to you?
I am so excited when a stranger reads my stories or book. It makes my heart sing and my toes dance.
6) Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?
I am working on several novels at the moment. It is a semi-suspense of a woman’s journey as she is kidnapped and taken back in time, where she views her own life from afar. A fantasy about powerful women from the beginning of time and the world where they try and exist. I am also expanding on one of my short stories, “The Closet,” from my collection “Everybody has a story…These are ours” available on Amazon.
I’d love to be visited at my blog at audreynlewis.com where I will post updates.
7) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?
It depends on the day and what I am writing. Too many to list.
8) Any tips for hobbyist writers?
Just write! Believe in yourself. Don’t let others take anything away from you and your creating.